Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Morning Update

It's Saturday morning and I'm watching the kids chase each other around. I realize that I have been terrible about blogging. Somehow life has been moving more quickly even though it doesn't seem like we have that much going on. Gavin and Olivia are growing up faster than I'd like. I love seeing them accomplish new milestones but it's a little sad watching the shadows of their babyhood fade away.

Gavin is loving school and has been learning to write. He tells us about how some words end the same and rhyme. He has also started doing yoga. He shows us his tree pose and his balancing skills. Apparently his speech is a little delayed compared to some of the other kids but I'm sure that will work itself out. We're most impressed with how kind he is proving to be. His teachers continue to praise how he handles conflict with the other kids. He is polite and a genuinely nice boy. It's much easier to work on speech, if you ask me.

Olivia is almost 20 months old, a fact that completely baffles me. She is a funny girl, our little miss thang. She struts around the house with her own little swagger, arms swinging and booty shaking. Liv loves her accessories and her baby dolls. My parents got her a little doll for Christmas that might as well have been her only present because she is obsessed with "baby." She is really starting to talk a lot. The other day I coughed, and she said, "You, ok?" It's fun being able to communicate with her.

Adam has only four months of residency training left before graduation. He is starting to look for a job in the Seattle area. He has a few prospects, so we're hopeful that something will come to fruition. I truly thought I'd be counting down the days until we moved back but I'm actually going to really miss living on the east coast. There are still a lot of places I'd like to see. We'll try to get to as many as we can over the next few months. I've actually started compiling a list of places I'd like to see in Washington State. There are a lot of cool parks in the Pacific Northwest!

Anyhow, that is what's happening with us. Here are few updated photos of the kids. Miss you!
 
 

3 comments:

jenny goodman said...

I could just feel your Saturday morning watching your kids as you wrote this and sipped your coffee. Thank you :)

Emily Adamson said...

Do they do yoga at school? I can’t think of a nicer compliment than being told how kind your child is. That’s more important than anything and will get him far in life! I’m sure the idea of moving is so bittersweet. You guys have developed such a community there, have a lovely house (and yard), explored, traveled and the kids have grown up there! But selfishly, I’m so excited for the next WA chapter of your life! Fun pictures!

Health is Wealth said...


Apna Showroom Fishnet Stockings for Women's black net jali Spandex High Waist Lace Fishnet pantyhose panties lice combs Lingerie Stockings (Black, Free Size) - Pack of with Descent Look
Apna Showroom Girl's Cotton Panties Set (apsw_Girl_Undergarments_0021, Multicolour, 30) with desent Look
Apna Showroom Girls' Cotton Panties (Pack of 6) (apsw_girl_undergarments_0022_Multicolored_32)
Apna Showroom Women's Cotton Panty (Multicolour, 90cm) - Pack of 12 Pieceswith desent Look
Apna Showroom Girls' Cotton Panties (Pack of 12) (apsw_girl_undergarments_0027_Multicolored_30)
Apna Showroom Lice and Nits Removal Hair Comb for Women (Multicolour) Designer - fancy - attractive
Apna showroom Hair combo for men kids girls ladies women Designer
Apna Showroom Dressing Hair Comb for Men, Kids, Girls, lice combs for Ladies And Women lice combs