Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lobster Feast

Lobster is the silver-lining of the seafood selection in Albany.  It's been hard not having access to wild salmon, halibut, and even Oregon bay shrimp meat. BUT- we can buy whole live lobsters at a very reasonable price and that is just what we did when Jenny and Emily came up to visit. I had not bought them live before- I previously had the seafood guy steam them for me. We decided to be adventurous and that provided quite a few laughs. It was actually a little disturbing watching them try to crawl out of the pot and squeal. 
We made a nice little meal of bow-tie pasta with asparagus and snap peas (Emily's creation), sourdough bread, a fresh garden salad (with my home-grown lettuce), and of course lobster with lots of melted butter. It was fun to provide Em and Jen with a quintessential New England dining experience. Hopefully, it was so tasty- they'll find themselves flying back for more!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'd come once a week for your lobster dinner if I could. It was delicious!!!

Dielle said...

Oh, you're so much braver than I am. I can't imagine actually cooking them myself.

jenny goodman said...

So fun! I love it!