1 pound lean hamburger
1 yellow onion- diced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 can tomato soup
1/2 lb elbow macaroni
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1/2 stick of butter
- Boil water for macaroni- adding a little salt for taste- pour in macaroni and boil until tender
- Brown hamburger with the diced onion - once browned- add seasonings and stir to coat.
- Add tomato soup, rinsed kidney beans, stewed tomatoes
- Drain macaroni and then stir into the hamburger mixture
- Add butter and stir until melted
- Once heated through- serve!
This is seriously good! In fact- for my less culinary inclined readers- you can easily pull this off and score some points with family. It beats take out! Try it out on a cold night!