Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kid Rooms

I have been busy getting Olivia's room set up all girlie and proper for her. I had a whole, old-fashioned, blue and white theme planned but my mom took me to Potterybarn Kids while she was in town and we were welcomed into the pretty little world of pink! Once you have a little girl in your arms, fairies and princesses are very hard to resist. My mom spoiled us and purchased all of her crib bedding and it is really adorable. Here are photos of little Liv's room- it's pretty much complete, aside from finding an area rug and a bookshelf.
I found some inspiration while at the Potterybarn from things that I really couldn't justify spending money on.  I found that shelf at Michaels for $8 and painted it pink. The letters for her name came from JoAnns. The lamp was inspired by a pink rose covered lampshade that was $100 for the shade alone. I couldn't find roses so I went with yellow flowers. I found the base at TJ Maxx. The things you can do with a hot glue gun and a little craftiness!
Fairy crib bedding and tulip wall decals...
The pictures on the other wall have animals and say "Imagine" "Wish" and "Believe"
Here is a closeup of the lampshade I made...
Before Olivia came along, we needed to move Gavin to a "big boy bed" because we needed the crib mattress. I found Gav a platform bed that is navy blue with three little drawers. He loves his dinosaur sheets and his latest past time, jumping off the bed.
"Cheese"
He was really happy that I washed his blankie today...
This is what Gavin does during "quiet time"

3 comments:

Eileen said...

is he his dad's boy or what? and olivia's room is just darling. your craftiness is fun to see, jenny!!

anna woerman said...

awesome job, jenny! love the green on all the walls, i love green too. love both rooms!!!

Emily Adamson said...

Gav looks so big in these pictures! Olivia's room is darling - I'm so so so impressed with your craftiness!